Friday, May 20, 2016

Rogers and Hart






My absolute favorite song writers, Rogers and Hart, wrote so many poignantly, piquantly romantic songs. Ella Fitzgerald sings them best. Captures the subtly and the humor, without overdoing it. Of course, Ella is beyond the praise of ordinary mortals like me.

Here's Ella's version of THERE'S A SMALL HOTEL. A near perfect song sung by the perfect Ella Fitzgerald.

Ella Fitzgerald THERE'S A SMALL HOTEL

Other Rogers and Hart:

BLUE MOON,

I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS,

BEWITCHED, BOTHERED AND BEWILDERED,

MY FUNNY VALENTINE,

THE LADY IS A TRAMP,

WHEN OR WHERE.

All on YouTube. Treat yourself to a listen. All are incredible no matter who sings them.

Here's Cecile McLorin Salvant, doing I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS. Wonderful

Cecile McLorin Salvant I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS

No comments:

Post a Comment