Sunday, November 21, 2010

Heathcliff's Vagina

I have never seen The V***** Monologues performed. I'm sure it's wonderful, but the gynecological approach to love and even to sex is not for me. I'm a romantic. When I read Wuthering Heights, I identify with Heathcliff and his passionate, death defying love. So for me right from the start the vagina has nothing to do with it. I like to think Emily Bronte and I share that. But I confess, I have laughed at Heathcliff and myself for being so overly dramatic. A Rogue, A Pirate, and A Dry Martini is me laughing at myself and my romantic notions and yet acknowledging that it is passion that persuades the world to be better.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the play....you did not miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Marcy. Thanks so much for your visits to Portland Oregon Daily Photo. Glad you like the tree.

    ReplyDelete